Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Gishwhes London Trip!


Gishwhes 2014 is over!

And I am very sad that it has ended. I loved doing Gishwhes this year as I got to do it with my friend Paige and an amazing team; the Mishavengers!!
Now I do hope that we win as the stuff we submitted was amazing, props to one of our members who got an amazing Pope tattoo!! But at the end of the day it is all about doing kind and fun things for others and ourselves and it was certainly amazing fun. 

One of the items was to go to Kensington gardens and build a fairy house out of entirely natural materials found in the park. As me and Paige live in England and the rest of our team live in the US it was only natural (see what I did there) to go ourselves. So we packed a few things in our backpacks and headed to London on the train!
As we got there we briefly got confused on which tube to take but eventually we took the tube to High Street Kensington and went into the park/palace gardens. It was very busy as the day was very sunny despite being predicted thunderstorms and families were out enjoying the sun. Me and Paige looked around the whole park for other teams fairy houses but we couldn't find any which was disappointing! So we chose our spot and built our awesome fairy house with the materials around us, those being dead or wilting leaves, bark and different grasses. Overall our fairy house looked pretty awesome and we headed off to Buckingham palace after a bite to eat at Cafe Rouge (Steak and chips for Paige and a chicken and bacon Salad for me) which was a nice quick rest. 

Mmmm salad! The bacon was smoked and so delicious!
At Buckingham Palace we took some shots of us infront of the gates which was our little tourist moment, then we went into St James park and Paige changed into her bathroom dress which was amazing! I then took the pictures of Paige as people stared at us thinking what the hell are those weirdos doing!? But hopefully as we went the extra mile with this item, our team will get more points!
After that we went to Whole Foods which is the most amazing grocery shop ever! We got dessert pots, I did the predictable thing that only I could do which was get a chocolate brownie sundae pot, an unhealthy dessert in a health food store haha. Paige got an eton mess pot which looked really nice aswell but hey I have a sweet tooth, especially for chocolate and I must say that their brownies are the best I have ever had!

We browsed the sections of the store for a while, getting some green tea and yes you guessed it, more sweets! The hot food counters are amazing there and the curry smelled so good but I refrained from spending all my money on curry! 

I also went into Topshop and spent quite a bit of money! I bought a large rim black hat for £28, expensive but I have wanted one for so long, a grey tanktop for £10, lipstick in the shade wine gum for £3 and a nail art dotting tool for £3 in the sale. Damn why does Topshop suck all the money out of my bank account!!

After that we took the train back home and the next day did some more tasks, my two tasks which were making Paige into a zombie and having her buy toilet paper at Waitrose, the staff were amazing and so into it which was fantastic, and we both made a gingerbread house village riddled with crime and debauchery. It was so much fun!

I highly recommend anyone to create or join a team and do Gishwhes next year, it really is absonome!

I recently got Instagram so if you want to, go follow my account; DarthVadresss

Have a great day!
-Tasha 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment